Thursday, November 18, 2010

(INSERT NAME HERE)

(written on November 17, 2010)

Of peace and quiet and mystery
I hear your name, I hear your name
In the forced solitude I hear no crickets
No sound of pain haunting me…
Not even footsteps chasing the time…
And tick-tocks are replaced with acoustic delusions.

Hide-and-seek, the game begins
Without preparations, I dive on the floor…  
And curl up my body until I can see no more
The echoes fly and find me at my hiding place…
No! I can hear it again…
Nothing else… It’s your name, your name.

In the magical instance of my dreams
Your name, your name…
Is the sound of teapots and kitchen utensils merrily dancing
The glow of pixie dusts ascending me near the stars
The gentle kiss that makes me live
Your name is dreamland. Your name is fairytale.

But you do not look back… Never did.
I made your name a prayer
Morning and night, I called for your name
Until I lost my voice without anything changing
Your name, your name, somebody else calls
The change I’ve been waiting is the change I did not wish for.

There was rush in the search for that one voice
From left and right, you look around
In between the turns I am there standing, hoping for your gaze
But your literally blurry eyes just pass me
The speculations, in slow motion, you bring to an end
Finally, you speak. And decided. To call the other girl’s name.

No comments:

Post a Comment