Thursday, August 19, 2010

Musical Pain


What the human ears hear may or may not always reflect what the human heart feels. The melody may go together with the tempo, the lyrics and voices all combined, but the painful cry always gives its final echo before it ends.
Here’s a mash-up I came up with. Read. Sing. Above all, feel.

Apologize – Bleeding Love

It’s too late to apologize....
It’s too laaaaaate...

(Beatbox starts)
(Pampam starts --- soprano tune)
(Melody) Closed off from love  
I didn't need the pain  
Once or twice was enough  
And it was all in vain  
Time starts to pass  
Before you know it you're frozen ...
Oooh yeah...

(Beatbox is louder for this part)
(Pokpotokpokpok --- Melody)
(Blending --- Soprano: same lyrics)
 (Melody)But I don't care what they say  
I'm in love with you  
They try to pull me away  
But they don't know the truth  
My heart's crippled by the vein  
That I keep on closing  
You cut me open...

(Ooooohhhh and Aaaaaahhh girls)
(Beatbox deeper and slower)
(Melody) It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late, whoa whoa

I said it's too late to apologize, yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah

And it's draining all of me (Keep bleeding...)
Oh they find it hard to believe  (And it’s too late to apologize...)
I'll be wearing these scars  
For everyone to see.... (To see --- blending)
  
Keep bleeding...
Keep, keep bleeding in love (It’s too late...)
I keep bleeding  
I keep, keep bleeding in love (It’s too late...)
Keep bleeding  
Keep, keep bleeding in love (It’s too late...)
To apologize...It’s too late...
You cut me open ...

(Performed on August 12, 2010 at the Skimmers’ Mini-Litmus, Acapella 1st Runner Up)


2 comments: